Have you ever been on a local or fly-in fishing trip and looked in your tackle box at the end of the adventure – wondering why you have 20 pounds or so of unused pike lures?
This comes into play often, especially when targeting trophy northern pike at remote and exclusive destinations like North Knife Lake Lodge. Like anything else in life, pike fishing follows the 80/20 rule. The top 20 percent of your lures will catch 80 percent of the trophy pike you’re looking for.
The majority of our customers enjoy above average success rates with North Knife Lake’s extremely healthy population of monster northerns, but they soon realize that it takes only a few choice lures to entice and connect with one of these heart-stopping predators.
Our "Top 5 Pike Lures" will increase your successful encounters and positively lighten your tackle box. So here it is in no particular order.
Top 5 Northern Pike Fishing Lures
- 1. Mepps Musky Killer (silver/white, gold/black, gold/grey)
- 2. Mepps Aglia Dressed (silver/white, gold/black, gold/grey)
- 3. Mepps Syclops (hot orange, gold, silver)
- 4. J-mac Weedless Jig with 5 to 6-inch Plastic Sassy Shad Tail (white, black, blue)
- 5. Johnson Silver Minnow tipped with 4-inch Double Tail (gold, silver/white and black tails)
6-inch Slug-Go (black, grey, bubble gum)